Get the Most Out of Class
To get the most out of your classroom time, practice the strategies below before, during, and after class.
- Learn how to analyze your syllabus.
- Review your notes from previous classes to determine main topics and to look for connections.
- Preview or pre-read to get a sense of what’s coming.
- Develop your listening skills.
- Assess where you stand on the note-taker scale, from “there” to “smart devil.”
- Improve your note-taking skills.
- Determine which style of notes is right for you in each of your current classes.
- Make class notes you can use. After class, process and edit your notes through the three stages of reflecting, relating and applying.
Learn more details on the strategies listed above by going to: Get the Most Out of Class (PDF).
Take our Survey to assess your class prep and learning strategies!
What’s Your “LQ”(Listening Quotient)?