General Tutoring Info
- No more than one (1) one-hour session per week is permitted (during Summer Session, up to two hours is permitted each week).
- You are eligible for tutoring in one course per semester, the only exception being for foreign language courses.
- Tutoring sessions cannot be transferred to another student.
- Tutoring sessions begin after the drop/add period.
- All peer tutoring will stop on the last day of classes.
- At the end of the semester, you must fill out a peer tutoring evaluation form and return it.
- You should review and follow the Tutee's Understanding of Responsibilities.
Applying for a Tutor
- Applications for a tutor are accommodated on a first-come, first served basis.
- You should receive an email with your tutor match within 5 business days after submitting your form signed by your instructor.
- Once you have been matched, the tutor will contact you and together you will establish a meeting time and place for the initial tutoring session.
- If you do not meet with the tutor within one week from his/her initial call, the tutor will be reassigned.
- You must regularly attend class for the course in which you are receiving tutoring.
- If you withdraw from the course you are being tutored in, or want to drop tutoring for any reason, you must immediately contact your tutor and the Peer Tutoring Coordinator at email@example.com.
- After the initial meeting, it is your responsibility to stay in contact with the tutor and to confirm appointments each week. It is strongly recommended that you establish a standing weekly appointment with your tutor.
- It is important to arrived prepared for your tutoring sessions (read class material, attempt to do homework assignment, and prepare questions).
- It is important to bring course materials (text, lecture notes, etc) with you to your tutoring sessions.
- To change or cancel a tutoring appointment, you must notify my tutor 24 hours in advance of the appointed time.
- Failure to cancel an appointment will be considered a no-show, and means forfeiting the tutoring session for that week.
- If you do not show for a meeting with your tutor, you must contact them ASAP. If you do not contact them, your tutor will cancel all future appointments until further communication.
- After two no-show appointments, you automatically forfeit my tutorial benefits for the remainder of the semester.
- If you miss two sessions of tutoring for reasons other than illness, family emergency, or University-sponsored event, you will forfeit my privilege to receive tutoring for the remainder of the semester.
- If you are late to your meeting, any time that you miss due to lateness is forfeited.
The tutor is not required to wait longer than 20 minutes past the appointed time. If you miss the tutor because you are more than 20 minutes late, it is considered a no-show. After two no-show appointments, you automatically forfeit your tutorial benefits for the remainder of the semester.