Frequently Asked Questions


I received a Classroom Intervention letter informing me about a student needing extra time and/or minimal distraction testing environment. What do I need to do?

You should wait until you are notified by the student to see if he intends to use the intervention. If so, follow the guidelines and suggestions listed in Classroom Interventions.

Back to top

Are SDAO & the ARC the same thing?

No. The SDAO (Student Disability Access Office) provides and coordinates accommodations, support services and programs that enable students with disabilities to have equal access to all  Duke University programs and activities. The ARC offers a variety of programs and services to support the academic work of all Duke undergraduates.

Back to top