You can sign-up for tutoring sessions in your Duke Insights Portal. Click here to login.
2. Click on "Student" to log in to your Insights Student page.
3. To open the Peer Tutoring, click on the "Peer Tutoring" tab located on the left panel of your home page. If you are on a mobile device, click the menu bar at the top left-hand side of the screen and the menu column will appear.
1. Click on the "Schedule Tutoring" button at the bottom of the page.
2. Select the course you want to sign-up for.
Tip: You will see all courses you are currently enrolled in. Only courses for which we offer Group Tutorials will populate sign-up options. Check out the list of group tutorial courses to confirm if a course has tutoring available this semester.
Tip: There is no need to select "Length of Session, as all tutorials are one hour in length (60 minutes)
Tip: All sessions are held virtually during the Spring 2021 semester, so there is no need to filter by location.
3. Select a specific tutor (Optional).
4. Click "Check Availability" button at the bottom of the page once you have selected all the relevant filters.
If you are on a mobile device, you will need to scroll to the bottom of the page for the "Check Availability" button.
1. Review the available sessions and select the one that best fits your schedule.
Tip: If there are too many results listed, you can return to the filters and further narrow the selections by date and/or time. When you are done, click the Refine Selections button at the bottom of the page.
After selecting a time for your tutoring appointment a pop-up confirmation page that appears.
1. Verify that all information is correct.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the pop-up window to include a brief description of what you'd like to cover in your session. Be as detailed as possible in your description as tutors will use this information to prepare for your session.
3. Click on the blue button labeled "Submit Request" after you have successfully filled out the information form.
Review Session Confirmation
After you submit your request, the page will refresh and you will see your tutoring session listed under "Approved Appointments". You will also receive a confirmation email that outlines the course you selected, the tutor you are meeting with, the time of the appointment, and the link to join the virtual session.
Having trouble finding a group tutorial that works with your schedule? Click here to fill out our waitlist form, and we will contact you if a group opens up.
Questions or issues? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org