- How long are sessions?
- Do Learning Consultants tutor students? Is there a Learning Consultant specific to my course?
- Can I make a same day appointments? How soon can I meet with a Learning Consultant?
- How many times do I have to meet with my Learning Consultant over the semester?
- Can I change to a different learning consultant?
- Do Learning Consultants meet with more than one student at a time?
Sessions generally last for 1 hour.
Learning Consultants work across disciplines on a range of academic skills and strategies. Occasionally a student will meet with a consultant with a particular area of expertise in order to work with the student to identify specific strategies for problem solving in math or studying for a biology course, but consultants do not tutor for specific courses. We do have peer tutors available for certain courses
We do not make same day appointments, but we will do everything we can to get you in to meet with someone as quickly as possible.
There is no set number of times you are expected to meet with a learning consultant – it varies from student to student. You can meet with a Learning Consultant once, occasionally, or on a weekly basis. It’s entirely up to you.
Absolutely. We want you to get the most out of your experience at the ARC, and work with whoever you feel is the best fit for you.
Learning Consultants generally meet one-on-one with students. We do have study groups available for some math courses.