THE TESTING CENTER IS OPERATING ONLINE!
The Testing Center is open and operating in a limited capacity to proctor tests online, via Zoom. The center is open Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 6pm EST, and at limited capacity of 17 appointments at any given time. We will continue to support students who are receiving testing accommodations through SDAO and those students receiving provisional testing accommodations through the ARC.
Exams proctored under these conditions will provide test security in the following manner:
- Virtual room scans will be completed.
- Duke ID checks will be required.
- We will have a proctor to student ratio of no more than 1 to 8.
- 1 to 1: A view of the student and the student’s computer screen will remain visible at all times.
- 1 to 2(or more): A view of the students and the student’s computer screen will be checked periodically during test administration.
- An irregularity report will be provided to instructors should any irregularities occur (e.g. another person enters the testing space or the student is heard speaking with someone off camera).
- Testing sessions will be recorded in case review is necessary.
Appointments will be made on a first come, first serve basis. Once given direction from an instructor that the Testing Center will be used to monitor an exam, students should submit an appointment request via Qualtrics. An appointment is considered confirmed once an outlook calendar invitation is received and accepted by the instructor. Outlook calendar invitations will house a Zoom link to be accessed the day of testing for remote proctoring. Appointment requests should be made as far in advance as possible, but no later than 3 days in advance.
For Students Who Need Readers and Scribes
Using screen sharing on Zoom, proctors will dictate the exam word-for-word over computer audio to students requiring a human reader. Using the screen share and control functions, proctors can click answers on behalf of students and in other cases scribe student answers using Microsoft Word and directly send the file to the faculty member.
Instructors will be required to submit an exam information form via Qualtrics that will communicate any special instructions and materials to the Testing Center at least 24hrs in advance of appointments.
We are happy to provide advice and support to any instructor who is troubleshooting how to manage the monitoring of high stakes exams or unique situations. Please feel free to reach out to us via phone or email.
310 Trent Drive, Room 041
Box Number 102470
Durham, NC 27710