Studying that fits your schedule
Disclaimer: Tutor.com will only be available for select courses! See the list below.
24/7 online tutoring for Duke University students!
Duke University now offers FREE on-demand, online tutoring through Tutor.com. Stuck on a problem? Want someone to review your paper? This service is easy to use and can be accessed on any device that connects to the Internet. Tutors are available to you 24/7—even at 2:00 a.m.!
When you log in to your free Tutor.com account, you'll be able to:
- Connect one-on-one with one of their 3,000+ highly qualified tutors
- View recordings of your previous sessions
- Save your favorite tutors and see their schedule of availability
Is there tutoring available for my classes?
In Summer Session I, Tutor.com is available to help with the courses listed below.
- BIOLOGY 223 - Cellular and Molecular Biology
- CHEM 201DL - Organic Chemistry I
- CHEM 202D - Organic Chemistry II
- COMPSCI 250/ECE 250 - Computer Architecture
- ECON 201 - Intermediate Microeconomics
- MATH 111L - Laboratory Calculus I
- MATH 112L - Laboratory Calculus II
- MATH 202 - Multivariable Calculus for ECON
- MATH 218D - 2 - Matrices and Vector Spaces
- MATH 219 - Multivariable Calculus
- PHYSICS 141 - General Physics I
- STA 101 - Data Analysis and Statistical Inference
- STA 230 - Probability (Same as MATH 230)
When can I access Tutor.com?
Tutor.com is available for Summer Session I now!
How do I access Tutor.com?
Watch the video or follow the steps below to access Tutor.com.
- Log in to Sakai
- Select the course Sakai page you want to receive tutoring for.
- Locate the "Tutor.com" tool in the left column and click it. A new tab will open with Tutor.com.
- Once on the Tutor.com page:
- Select the subject area in the topic dropdown menu (i.e., Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science).
- Select the course in the subject dropdown menu (i.e., CHEM 101, BIO 201)
- Determine whether you want to connect with chat or chat and voice.
- Enter your question and any critical notes in the pre-session questionnaire; this will save you time while you are in your tutoring session!
- A pop-up window will appear, and you will be connected with a live tutor.
- After your session with a tutor is completed, you can go back and review it any time or even save your tutor as a “favorite.”
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.