General Tutoring Info
- You are eligible for tutoring in more than one course per semester.
- Tutoring sessions cannot be transferred to another student.
- Tutoring sessions begin after the drop/add period.
- All peer tutoring will stop on the last day of classes.
- At the end of the semester, you must fill out a peer tutoring evaluation form and return it.
Placement Within A Group Tutorial
- Placement within a Group Tutorial is accommodated on a first-come, first served basis.
- Once you have signed-up for a Group Tutorial, you will receive an email containing information about the tutor and location.
- You must regularly attend class for the course in which you are receiving tutoring.
- If you withdraw from the course you are being tutored in, you will no longer be eligible to participate in group tutorials for that course.
- It is expected that you will attend all sessions for which you sign up. Missing two or more sessions without canceling 24 hours in advance, will jeopardize your continued participation in Group Tutorials for that semester.
- When scheduling a tutoring session, it is important that you are specific when providing information about what you want to discuss.
- It is important to arrive prepared for your tutoring sessions (read class material, attempt to do homework assignment, and prepare questions).
- It is important to bring course materials (text, lecture notes, etc) with you to your tutoring sessions.
No Show Policy (Group Removal)
- If you are unable to attend the group tutorial you signed up for, you must inform your tutor 24 hours in advance of the scheduled session. You will accrue no shows in the following cases:
- Cancellations that occur less than 24 hours in advance of the scheduled session will be counted as a no-show.
- Sessions you miss without informing your tutor at all will be counted as a no-show.
- If you arrive more than 20 minutes late to your tutoring session, it will be counted as a no-show.
- After two no-shows, your access to tutoring services will be revoked for the semester. No shows you accrue due to missed tutoring sessions and lateness to tutoring sessions are included in the two no-shows.
Arriving Late to Tutoring Session
- If you are late to your session, any time that you miss due to lateness is forfeited.
The tutor is not required to wait longer than 20 minutes past the appointed time. If you miss the tutor because you are more than 20 minutes late, it is considered a no-show.
- After two no shows, your access to tutoring services will be revoked for the semester. No shows you accrue due to missed tutoring sessions and lateness to tutoring sessions are included in the two no shows.
If you have any scheduling difficulties, or any concerns regarding your tutor, please contact the Peer Tutoring Coordinator, as soon as possible at email@example.com or (919-684-5917).