At the Academic Resource Center, we work with you to create a comprehensive approach to your learning, so you can reach your highest academic potential. Some of the services we offer include:
- Peer Tutoring: One-on-one meetings and walk-in tutoring for select courses
- Study Groups: Facilitated group learning opportunities for specific math and science courses.
- Learning Consultations: Any Duke undergraduate student can meet with an ARC learning consultant to enhance your academic skills and learn strategies tailored to how you learn and the courses you are taking. This includes strategies for time management, how to balance study, work and extra-curricular activities, how to take effective notes, and more.
- ADHD/LD Support: Students with a diagnosed learning difference, including ADHD, can receive individualized academic support including academic and ADHD coaching, time management support, tutoring, and compensatory learning strategies.
- Workshops & Presentations: The ARC gives workshops and presentations all across campus, to small and large groups, on a range of topics including time management, effective study/learning strategies, and more.
Learning is a process unique to each individual. Let us help you figure out what that looks like for you.
Take a look at this PowerPoint for additional info on who we are and what we do.