The STEM Advancement through Group Engagement program (SAGE) at Duke University is an opportunity for undergraduate students in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Math, and Physics to work in a small group setting in weekly study sessions. Led by specially trained SAGE Peer Facilitators, groups engage in weekly activities that are closely correlated with each course. SAGE helps students learn how to study in specific STEM courses, provides extra support for the challenging material, and fosters a collaborative and proactive community of learners.
Learn more about how SAGE works, as well as the benefits and outcomes of being a SAGE participant.
How To Join SAGE
1. Log into Penji
Access Penji with your Duke email to sign up for group tutorials.
You may need to choose Learn then choose SAGE the first time you log in.
2. Sign Up for a learning community
- Choose Sign Up
- Click Join a SAGE Group
- Choose your class. If you don't see it, choose Edit your classes and search for your class.
- Sign up for a SAGE group. If your class is not available, you can join the waitlist or check back later to see if it has opened up. SAGE groups begin when drop/add ends and registration will typically be available when classes begin.
3. Connect with your Facilitator
You will receive a confirmation email listing your assigned SAGE learning community, facilitator's name, and location.
4. Meet with your learning community
Meet with your peer facilitator and group at the designated time.
SAGE begins after Drop/Add period and ends on the last day of classes.
SAGE is not offered during breaks.
Note: SAGE is not yet open for all courses below. You will receive an email when SAGE has opened for the class you are in.
|Bio 203 (Spring Only)|
|Chem 99 (Fall Only)|
|Math 105 (Fall Only)|
|Math 106 (Spring Only)|
|Math 112 (Spring Only)|
|Math 122 (Fall Only)|
|Physics 151 (Spring Only)|
|Physics 152 (Fall Only)|